- Sudo Bug Gives Root Access to Mass Numbers of Linux Systemsby Becky Bracken on January 27, 2021 at 7:16 pm
Qualys said the vuln gives any local user root access to systems running the most popular version of Sudo.
- ADT Security Camera Flaw Opened Homes, Stores to Eavesdroppingby Lindsey O'Donnell on January 27, 2021 at 6:05 pm
Researchers publicly disclosed flaws in ADT's LifeShield DIY HD Video Doorbell, which could have allowed local attackers to access credentials, video feeds and more.
- Emotet Takedown Disrupts Vast Criminal Infrastructure; NetWalker Site Offlineby Tara Seals on January 27, 2021 at 6:04 pm
Hundreds of servers and 1 million Emotet infections have been dismantled globally, while tales have emerged on Twitter that NetWalker's Dark Web leaks site is offline.
- Apple Patches Three Actively Exploited Zero-Days, Part of iOS Emergency Updateby Elizabeth Montalbano on January 27, 2021 at 12:21 pm
An anonymous researcher identified bugs in the software’s kernel and WebKit browser engine that are likely part of an exploit chain.
- Nvidia Squashes High-Severity Jetson DoS Flawby Lindsey O'Donnell on January 26, 2021 at 10:11 pm
If exploited, the most serious of these flaws could lead to a denial-of-service condition for Jetson products.
- DanaBot Malware Roars Back into Relevancyby Tom Spring on January 26, 2021 at 9:24 pm
Sophisticated and dangerous, DanaBot has resurfaced after laying dormant for seven months.
- 23M Gamer Records Exposed in VIPGames Leakby Becky Bracken on January 26, 2021 at 7:35 pm
The personal data of 66,000 users was left wide open on a misconfigured Elasticsearch server, joining a growing list of companies with leaky clouds.
- Criminal, Domestic Violence Case Info Exposed in Cook County Leakby Lindsey O'Donnell on January 26, 2021 at 5:24 pm
Cook County, Ill., home to Chicago, has left a database exposed since at least September that contained sensitive criminal and family-court records.
- Sudo Bug Gives Root Access to Mass Numbers of Linux Systems